Sorry I have been so secretive about my situation but I now know everything that will be happening.
First of all, I have been diagnosed with a cancer called Adenocarcinoma. Not sure why they cab't make it easy and call it Frank. Would be so much easier.
ad·e·no·car·ci·no·ma (dn--kärs-nm)
a malignant tumor originating in the epithelial cells of glandular tissues and forming Glendale structures.
History:
I was feeling a sensation in the middle of my chest. Felt like what I supposed might be reflux. It was continuing to give me pain and a feeling of gasping for breath. The pain got worse and I went to see my primary physician.
He referred me to a gastroenterologist. Dr. Makdisi, scheduled me for a Barium Swallow. The x-rays showed the liquid going down my throat but there was a shadow on the side of the tube going to my stomach. A biopsy was taken and diagnosed as malignant..
Enter a thoracic surgen and oncologist.
I am scheduled for a PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography and Computed Tomography on Friday of this week. This is the most advanced technology for determining the whereabouts of any additional cancer areas. Glucose makes the cancer tissues grow rapidly. I will receive a radiopharmaceutical injection.
On the 12 of November I am scheduled for a EUS (Endroscopic Ultrasound). It uses endoscopy and ultrasound to give the highest quality of body images possible.
Now it is time to bring all the physians together to look at all of the data.
If the tumor is not spreading, the thoracic surgeon will remove the tumor,
If the tumor is spreading to other parts of my bady, there would be no need for surgery as the oncologist would have to prepare chemotherapy for me.
That is about it for the time being. I am feeling rather good but sometimes the pain is pretty intense in my chest. I hope I have answere all questions and some are probably going, "I thought he would never end" but I wanted to get all info in. Thanks for being so patient.
In closing, I love you all very much, even those who are relatively new in my life.
Dad/Big Brother/Fred and Eric

1 comment:
love you buddy, and do not worry we will beat all of this :-)
Post a Comment