Monday, November 8, 2010

What's happening so far....


Hello family,

The horror of the PET Scan is now over and guess what?  It wasn't that horrible.  

The staff were very kind and talkative.  I appreciate this as, most of you know, I
love to communicate.  Probably more than usual on this day,  I began to realize that
these individuals will in about two hours have all the pictures to determine if my cancer
is moving to other parts of my body.  So..with the small talk, I figure they will give me 
a clean bill of health and leak some information by mistake.on this issue. 

They're not talking. And then they whined about only my doctor could read these scans
for me.  Well, okay, be that way.  

Pam told me she would be asking questions periodically.  Evidently, she is returning to
this position after being separated from it for a while. "Do you mind if I ask questions" 
said she.  "Sorry, I can only accept questions from my doctor!, said me.  We laughed
and she gave a a gallon of barium liquid to ingest.  I asked for a straw.  I began to slurp
it down and realized that it didn't taste that bad.  Not chalky like I remember.  I suggested
that the barium manufacturer favor it with chocolate.  Pammy laughed and admitted to 
being a chocoholic. I was informed that after the barium milkshake, I would be left alone
for about an hour. 

Turned on the tv, went the cartoon station..yes, the cartoon station.  Tell me have never
done that!  My goodness, communicating  by word is so revealing.I feel so vulnerable.
That last sentence would have been an "lol" sentence but truly, I feel very vulnerable right
now and humor is a way of of expressing it.  Calms me right down.

Five minutes into  the anime based on Clay Akin's life story, I was dreaming and it wasn't 
about Clay. Now " LOL"  lol

No I was dreaming about my grandson, Brandon.  How old he was getting and how he probably would't recognize me. I dreamt about some stuff that included my brothers and sisters, from a long time ago. I remember smiling at the picture of my children that is in the dining room and thinking how proud I am of all of them.  Started feeling wet licks all over my face and Lester telling me to take my medicine..

OMG I am waking up!

Next was the last slurp of barium and..oh, I forgot to tell you that after the last swallow shake, they injected me ith radioactive sugar.  That sure got my attention.

Was brought into the machine room.  Sorta looked like a huge fat donut. It was pretty obvious, I was going right through the middle.  Pam and accomplice placed my feet and arms, made certain I was comfortable and announced that I would be going through the scanning for about 30 minutes.

Again, I fell asleep but without memory of content of any dreams.

Woke up, and the entire dreaded experience was over and so far..no pain or discomfort.

We will be picking up the CD ROM tomorrow for the rest of the investigative team.

My next appointment will be with the Thoracic surgeon on 11/09  or next Tuesday
.
After that, 
11/12  -  EUS Scan
11/16  -  Oncologist

Family, thank you for your concern.  Other than being a little scared, I feel wonderful. I will be
very happy when I can stop this communication.  I love all of you very much and each and every one of you have impacted my life in one way or another.

Love,  DAD/Fred/Eric

No comments: