After about 14 years in both Alexandria and Washington, DC, it became of great interest as to a possible move to Norfolk, Virginia. This is where I was raised part of my life and the other in New Jersey.
My father was born here. Most of his family lived in this area all of their lives. Appears that he may have been one of the few to leave Virginia. Glad he did. I was born to Ethelyn Beatrice Cook and Frederick William Heard in 1946. January 29, to be exact.
Periodically, I am taking a ride in my car here and end up on some street or in front of some house or apartment building that I remember when I was 5 to10 years old. Let's see, East Kenmore Drive, Waukeehsa Drive, East Little Creek Road and Drapper Drive. I have sorted memories of all of these houses, rooms, both good and horrifying.
My brothers and sisters have returned to Virginia also. Most of them graduated from school in Asbury Park, New Jersey area..yes, Bruce Springsteen country. All of us have made our way back here and I am not sure why. Will let you know when I stumble across the answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment